Thursday, April 1, 2010

South Beach, Miami- Mini-vacation

I could do it. I could bleach my hair, eat salads all day, buy a pair of high-maintenance-girl sunglasses that would cover half my face, and move down here to join the South Beach crowd of gorgeous waify blondes.... But then what would I do with my time? Talk about who wore what to what party? Spend all day sunbathing and shopping with my rich man-of-the-month's credit card?
I might be able to pull it off, and it might be more fun than 30-hour hospital shifts, but I think I'd get bored. I think I'd rather go running and get all sweaty and gross. Riding on a fire truck after a parade, or commuting in the back of a pick-up truck in a third-world country sounds like much more fun. So, I'm a little different. While finishing my residency in family medicine, I've started running, eating better, living better, and trying to be a better person, while meanwhile trying to set up a program where I can improve access to health care in Haiti.
And this is my first attempt at a blog... let me get started a little, then let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment